Error message on starting Diamonds/PowerConnect: Connect client to Gateway
[NL]: Verbind Client met Gateway
[FR]: Connecter client à Gateway
[ES]: Conectar client a Gateway
Cause: the service ‘Gateway’ is not running.
- Open Task Manager > Click on ‘More details’ at the bottom to see the full version of the Task Manager > tab page ‘Services’.
- Click on ‘Open Services’.
- Find the service ‘Gateway’ > right mouse button > ‘Start’.
The Status should be ‘Started’.
Can't start the service?
- Reset the Gateway preferences to their defaults.
- You see the error: Windows could not start the Gateway service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
- You see the error: Unable to complete the operation. The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for removal.
- The service seems ‘started’ for 0.5s, then it jumps back to ‘stopped’.
- Close Task Manager.
- Diamonds/ PowerConnect will continue the start-up process.
If Diamonds/ PowerConnect don’t continue the start-up process, try one of the following options:
- You still see the message: ‘Connect Client to Gateway’. Try the following in sequence!
- You now see the message: ‘Connect Gateway to Gateway Server‘.
- You now see the message: ‘Run SQL Server instance‘.
- You now see the message: ‘Authenticate user‘.
- The message ‘Load Gateway Database‘ remains on 0%.
Alternative Solution (Windows admin rights required)
- Click on the icon . This will start the Gateway Configuration Tool.
- Select ‘Gateway’ and click ‘Start’.
- Close the tool.