Error message on starting Diamonds/PowerConnect: Connect client to Gateway
[NL]: Verbind Client met Gateway
[FR]: Connecter client à Gateway
[ES]: Conectar client a Gateway
Cause: the service ‘Gateway’ is not running.
- Open Task Manager ( CTRL + ALT + DEL or right mouse click on the Windows bar).
- Click on ‘More details’.
- Click on ‘Open Services’.
- Find the service ‘Gateway’ > right mouse button > ‘Start’.
The Status should be ‘Started’.
- Reset the Gateway preferences.
- You see the error: Windows could not start the Gateway service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
- You see the error: Unable to complete the operation. The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for removal.
- The service seems ‘started’ for 0.5s, then it jumps back to ‘stopped’.
- Close Task Manager.
Diamonds/ PowerConnect will continue the start-up process.
You still see the message: ‘Connect Client to Gateway’. Try the following in sequence!