A membrane is a plate type with only axial stiffness, no bending stiffness. This plate type is used by to simlate the diaphragm behaviour of plates.
There is not 2D Slabs or 2D Plates license required to use this plate type.
How to add a membrane:
- Select a closed circumference and click on to generate a plate.
- Selecte the plate(s) and click on .
- Change the plate type to .
- Assign a thickness and material to the plate. There properties are used to calculate the axial stiffness of the membrane.
- Apply the selfweight of the membrane (or any other loads acting on the membrane) to the circumference of the plate! A membrane cannot be loaded with bending!