Error message on starting Diamonds/PowerConnect: Connect client to Gateway
[NL]: Verbind Client met Gateway
[FR]: Connecter client à Gateway
[ES]: Conectar client a Gateway
Cause: the service ‘Gateway‘ is not running.
- Open Task Manager ( CTRL + ALT + DEL or right mouse click on the Windows bar).
- Click on ‘More details’.
- Go to the tab page Services and click on ‘Open Services’.
Make sure both Gateway and Gateway Server are stopped.
Can't find Gateway or Gateway Server in the list!?
That means it is probably not installed. You can get the *.exe here.
- Note: This step is sometimes necessary, sometimes not. You can skip it, but because a) it is not so much effort and b) you cannot do anything wrong with it, we’ve added it in the flowchart. If you do this step, it will prevent you from running through this flowchart twice. Go to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\BuildSoft\. This folder contains the Gateway preferences. Select all folders and hit DEL. This will reset the Gateway preferences.
If you cannot find the folder or it is empty, continue with the next step.
It is possible you need administrator rights to access this folder. If you don’t have admin rights, continue with the steps below. There’s a chance that resetting the preferences is not necessary to fix your issue. But if it is not solved after step 9, you’ll need to ask IT to give you the rights and perform steps 1 to 9 again, including step 4.
- Open Task Manager ( CTRL + ALT + DEL or right mouse click on the Windows bar). Click on ‘More details’.
Go to the tab page Services and click on ‘Open Services’.
- Find the service Gateway Server from the list > right mouse button > ‘Start’.
Note: you could try to start the service Gateway Server already in the dialog from step 6, but the one below gives more information if something goes wrong.
- A progress bar appears. The Status should be ‘Started’.
- Find the service Gateway from the list > right mouse button > ‘Start’.
If you get Error 1053. Wait 5s and try again.
If you still get Error 1053 after that, then Gateway was not well installed (solution here).
- Both Gateway and Gateway Server should be started now. Diamonds/ PowerConnect/ BIM Expert will continue the start-up process.