On launching the installation .exe file, the message appears ‘Error reading setup initialization file’
Typically this error means one of two things.
- The application cannot install because you have insufficient privileges to install applications. This can often be corrected by running the exe using the “Run as Administrator” windows option.
- The download file is corrupted. Sometimes this can happen, especially if your internet connection is slow and your anti-virus software is scanning the file during the download process. Try deleting the exe file from your downloads folder and download the trial again:
- With a faster internet connection,
- With a different broswer,
- You may also want to consider temporarily disabling your internet anti-virus scan,
- You can also contact the BuildSoft support and request a mirror download link