- Close all Diamonds/ PowerConnect/ BIM Expert projects.
- Open Task Manager ( CTRL + ALT + DEL or right mouse click on the Windows bar). Click on ‘More details’.
- Stop services Gateway and Gateway Server.
- Go to the tab page Details.
- Find BuildSoft.Gateway.exe in the list, select it and hit End Task. BuildSoft.Gateway.Server.exe will disappear from the list.
- Find BuildSoft.Gateway.Server.exe in the list, select it and hit End Task. BuildSoft.Gateway.Server.exe will disappear from the list.
If you would go the tab page Services now, both Gateway and Gateway Server will be stopped.
- Relocate user-dependent Gateway settings
- Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\BuildSoft.
- If you don’t have user-defined materials/ cross sections/…, select the entire content of the folder, and hit DEL.
If you do have (many) user-defined materials/ cross-sections …, change the name of the folder BuildSoft to something else, for example BuildSoft2. You can later try to set your user defined materials/ cross-sections back.
- Open Task Manager ( CTRL + ALT + DEL or right mouse click on the Windows bar).
Go to the tab page Services and click on ‘Open Services’.
- Find the service Gateway Server from the list > right mouse button > Start.
Note: you could try to start the service Gateway Server already in the dialog from the previous step, but the one below gives more information if something goes wrong.
- A progress bar appears. The Status should be ‘Started’.
- Find the service Gateway from the list > right mouse button > Start.
If you get Error 1053. Wait 5s and try again.
If you still get Error 1053 after that, then Gateway was not well installed (solution here).
- Both Gateway and Gateway Server should be started now. Try to start Diamonds/ PowerConnect or BIM Expert.