The Smartkey license dongles belong to the previous licensing system. They existed in a black USB version and Parallel Port version. 64 bit operating systems don’t support this type of license dongle without the a driver.
- Make sure the license dongle is not connected.
- Install the BuildSoft software of your choice Following BuildSoft programs are compatible with Smartkey dongles:
PowerFrame, PowerPlate, PowerConnect (2012 or older), 12-Build, ConCrete, ConCrete Plus, ConCrete C
Note: ConCrete C will not run on a 64 bit operating system.Following BuildSoft programs are NOT compatible with Smartkey dongles:
Diamonds (all versions), PowerConnect (2013 or newer), BIM Expert
- Download the driver (see below or use WeTransfer).
- Unzip the driver. You can use WinZip (free trial) or 7zip (free ware) to do this.
- In the unzipped folder, double click the application “SmartkeyDriverInstaller.exe”.
Note: when the “SmartkeyDriverInstaller.exe” doesn’t want to install, you can also try the “SmartkeyDriverInstaller.msi”
- Plug the license dongle into your computer.
- Start the Buildsoft software.
Note: the license-system with smartkeys is outdated in the sense that it sometimes refuses to work on new operating systems (even when the 64-bit driver is installed). In that case the Smarkey can be exchanged to a CodeMeter dongle (free in case of the support contract). Please contact the Support-desk for further arrangements.