- Close all PowerConnect projects.
- Go to My Documents > PowerConnect. Depending on your operating system, the name ‘My Documents‘ can be ‘Documents‘.
- Change the name of the folder ‘PowerConnect’ to something else, ‘PowerConnect2’ for example.
- Restart PowerConnect. He’ll ask you the language.
- You may delete the folder ‘PowerConnect2’.
About the Preferences
‘Preferences’ are settings that are user dependant. The user can choose what suits her/him best, for example:
- Configuration-related settings such as the background color, the color of a point load, whether the supports should be shown, …
- Units and decimals,
- The language
At the first startup of PowerConnect, PowerConnect takes the default values (stored in the Program Files). When you work with PowerConnect, you will customize these settings along the way. These changes are stored in a set of files in the folder ‘PowerConnect’ in ‘My Documents’. Each version gets its folder.
At every start and shut off of PowerConnect these files are called / completed. However, sometimes something goes wrong in these files causing PowerConnect not to work properly.